Global Virtuoso, Inc., its employees or representatives (collectively referred to as “Global Virtuoso”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to uphold the privacy rights of individuals pursuant to the Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, and its Implementing Rules and Regulations, other issuances of the National Privacy Commission and other relevant laws of the Republic of the Philippines (collectively, the “DPA”).
We handle your personal information and data with utmost care and recognize the importance of your rights as a data subject under the DPA:
- Right to be informed
- Right to object
- Right to access
- Right to correct
- Right to rectification, erasure, or blocking
- Right to damages
- Right to data portability
- Transmissibility of rights
This Privacy Statement aims to provide you with the information on how we collect, use, manage, and secure your personal information. Any information you provide to us indicates your explicit authorization and consent to our Privacy Statement.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information may be made known to Global Virtuoso in a number of ways directly from you over time and may be received and/or retained in various forms. As defined in the DPA, this refers to “any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.”
In the performance of our services and or as part of our transactions, we collect your personal information which may include, but not limited to, the following:
- When doing general transactions with us: Name, nationality, civil status, gender, age, birthdate, ID details, unique identifiers, email address, residence, office, and mailing address, phone numbers, visual recordings, and other necessary and relevant information
- When seeking employment with us: Resume or curriculum vitae which includes personal details and your educational background and employment history
- When partnering with us: Company information, performance, history, and financial and capital information
- When browsing our websites and/or tagging and mentioning us on your social media accounts: Social media handlers, browsing, and social media behavior
Any information you submit to our account management, human resources, or business development teams when you update your records or information with us or in relation to your inquiries or requests; when you visit and connect to our website and social media accounts; or any other event or activity that may be similar or related to any of the foregoing.
You certify that you have obtained the consent and authority of the owner of any information other than your own such as your parent, spouse, children, dependent, business partners, or any other person when you provide such information allowing us to disclose and process such information.
Use and Sharing of Personal Information
Your personal information will be used to any, but not limited to, the following:
- Process the services that you have availed from us,
- Communicate our latest services and events,
- Respond immediately to your needs, requests, queries, and complaints,
- Comply with the law, rule or regulation and all legal orders and processes,
- Process your application and conduct due diligence for, and documentation of, our transaction, and
- Any other purpose relating to any of the above.
Your personal information may be shared, to an extent that is reasonable and necessary and only on a need-to-know basis. to:
- Our employees handling your transactions, orders or request,
- Authorized third-party provider, person, or entity performing financial, administrative, technical and other ancillary services which we contracted and ensures compliance with our security standard and adheres to the DPA,
- Government institution and other competent authorities which by law, rules or regulations require us to disclose your personal information, and
- Any person in order to carry out functions of public authority, and for collection and further processing pertaining to law enforcement, taxation or other regulatory function.
Protection and Retention of Personal Information
To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration, and against unauthorized disclosure or access, Global Virtuoso uses reasonable and necessary organizational, physical, and technical measures to secure all personal information across all stages of data processing including, but not limited to, the collection, recording, organization, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, consultation, use, consolidation, blocking, erasure or destruction of data.
Your personal information is retained to the extent necessary in keeping track of your transaction and records as agreed upon by the parties to a contract. It may also be retained for statistical, research and other purpose specifically authorized by law. All personal information collected is retained in accordance with retention limit set by our standards, industry standards and laws and regulations, unless you request for their deletion.
Cookies and Related Technologies
A cookie is a small file originating from a website and is transferred to your computer’s hard drive to record your browsing activity. Once you agree, this file is added and helps us analyze web page traffic and remember some information you entered in a certain website making your browsing experience of our site easier. A cookie will not allow us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Most web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser to refuse or delete cookies. However, doing so will make you experience some delay in browsing our website or it will not function properly or may be considerably slower.
Updates and Amendments
Global Virtuoso may periodically update or amend our Privacy Statement to adhere to new and existing laws affecting the DPA, including any business and operational change or improvement we establish to secure your personal information. Any updates or changes shall not alter the handling of personal information previously collected without obtaining your consent unless required by law. Any updates or amendments will be posted on our official website.
Authorization and Consent
By providing us any of your personal information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Privacy Statement confirming that we have informed you of matters pertaining to the DPA and our implementation thereof. Likewise, you have explicitly authorize us, and our duly authorized representatives, third-party providers, to use, process, and share personal data needed in the administration of your transaction with us.
You also acknowledge that while reasonable and necessary organizational, physical, and technical measures are implemented by Global Virtuoso to protect your personal information, there is no full guarantee that the personal information collected from you will be protected from unauthorized access and thereby used in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Statement.
Inquiries and Comments
Global Virtuoso will respond to reasonable requests to review your personal information and to correct, amend or delete any inaccuracies.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement or if you want some information, which you provided to us, not to be disclosed to anyone or be deleted, please contact our Data Protection Officer at:
|Office Address:||Level 24 Robinsons Cyberscape Beta
Topaz and Ruby Roads, Ortigas Center
Pasig City 1605 Philippines
Attention: Data Protection Officer
|Office Address:||+63 2 7625 5050|
You may also lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission (NPC). For further details, please refer to NPC’s website: https://privacy.gov.ph/mechanics-for-complaints/