How to Outsource Accounting
Congratulations! Your business has grown to the point where your current team is too busy, or too specialized, to manage all of your core functions.
You have a reason or set or reasons to contemplate outsourcing accounting tasks.
You’ve decided to use a skilled, trusted outside partner to take some of those tasks off your hands.
This is a great decision, but it can also seem overwhelming. You may still be wondering how to outsource accounting tasks – how do you get started?
Step One – Choose the accounting tasks you’d like to outsource first
Start by selecting the tasks that are the most difficult for your team to perform on their own, or that require the most skills or time. Some common accounting tasks to outsource include:
- Financial management & analysis
- Credit control & invoicing
- Invoice processing & help desk
- Procure-to-pay services
- Accounts receivable & collections
- General ledger accounting
- Fixed Assets Management
- Period closing & bookkeeping
- Contract & order management
- Business setup
- Corporate document management
- Quality and process improvement
- Advisory services
Step Two – Consult with Global Virtuoso.
In our conversation, we will ask questions about your priorities and preferences, and develop a plan of action, including cost and schedule estimates. We’ll discuss any needed documents or software access we need, including security measures, to get started.
Step Three – Agreement
We’ll define the agreement to include everything we’ve discussed, in enough detail that everyone is comfortable with their roles and responsibilities from your team members and ours so that we have a complete and clear team process.
Step Four – Review Your First Set of Deliverables
We’ll provide the first set of deliverables for the tasks included. We’ll discuss, revise the process and make any adjustments to ensure we meet or exceed your expectations.
Step Five – Repeat!
For repeatable processes like payroll and periodic reporting, once we’ve got the hard work out of the way, your reports, documents or other deliverables keep coming on the schedule we’ve agreed with a minimum of work on your part.
Why Outsource Accounting to Global Virtuoso?
Although there are many companies that provide outsourced accounting services, these factors make Global Virtuoso the ideal choice.
- US & Canadian owned
- 24/7, 365 days a year operation
- Back up electricity
- On-site IT support
- Multiple Internet and telephony redundancies
- Reliable, high-quality skilled services in hard-to-find specialties
- We provide frequent training to our team members so they are always up to date on the latest accounting and business practices.
- We have a low turnover and attract the best skilled team members because we provide an ideal place to work with excellent pay and benefits, and we enjoy a fun company culture with activities like our regular Let’s Stop and Celebrate Awhile events.
Ready to Get Started?
Interested in taking the next step? Complete the form on our Contact Us page and we’ll schedule a convenient time for a consultation.